Gboard is the world’s hottest cellular keyboard. It comes pre-installed on all Android units and is the keyboard of alternative for billions of individuals. You won’t have bothered to go to its settings earlier than since it really works tremendous from the get-go, however there are methods you may make it a bit extra helpful.
On this information, we’ll go over some key Gboard settings it’s best to change straight away.
1. Cut back the Key Lengthy-Press Delay
You would possibly know the way long-pressing a key opens a small pop-up menu in your keyboard the place you may entry further related keys. For example, when you long-press a vowel, you may see the variations of that letter with totally different accent marks. Lengthy-pressing the interval key exhibits you a bunch of different symbols and particular characters.
Since long-pressing a key’s such a typical factor to do when utilizing the keyboard, it is a good suggestion to cut back the delay between your keypress and the menu popping up. Here is find out how to do it:
- Launch Gboard and go to Settings > Preferences.
- Scroll down and faucet Key lengthy press delay.
- Regulate the delay utilizing the slider in accordance with what you discover essentially the most becoming, then faucet OK.
The delay is about to 300 milliseconds by default. You’ll be able to scale back it right down to 100 milliseconds or improve it as much as 700 milliseconds. The decrease the delay, the extra time you may save on every long-press.
2. Present the Emoji Key to Entry Emojis Faster
By default, the best way to entry emojis on Gboard is by long-pressing the comma key beside the spacebar. However that may find yourself taking plenty of additional time when you use emojis steadily when typing.
Fortunately, you may set your Google keyboard to point out the emoji key individually for fast entry. Simply go to Settings > Preferences and toggle on Present emoji swap key. Now, once you launch the keyboard once more, you may see a separate emoji key beside the comma key. To make room for this, the spacebar will shrink in dimension only a tiny bit.
3. Enhance Your Auto-Appropriate Settings
A wonderful thing about Gboard is the way it learns your utilization sample over time. This permits it to make extra correct corrections and offer you higher strategies when typing. There are a complete set of small however nifty textual content correction settings you may tweak on Gboard. You’ll be able to entry these within the Textual content correction menu.
Some helpful textual content correction settings it’s best to toggle on are:
- Present suggestion strip
- Subsequent-word strategies
- Undo auto-correct on backspace
- Double-space interval
4. Make Glide Typing Simpler
Just like textual content correction, there are two glide typing settings it’s best to take a look at. You’ll be able to entry these within the Glide typing menu. These are:
- Present gesture path: Creates a line that follows the motion of your finger gliding throughout the keyboard. This helps improve accuracy when writing. It is advisable have glide typing turned on to have the ability to use this setting.
- Allow gesture delete: Rapidly delete a number of phrases by sliding left from the delete key. The farther you slide your finger throughout the display, the extra phrases get chosen; then, elevate your finger to delete. This helps save time by not having to long-press the delete key to delete one letter at a time.
5. Add Phrases to Your Private Dictionary
You would possibly know and use some phrases in your every day life that your Google keyboard does not acknowledge and might subsequently not predict once you’re glide-typing. And it is actually annoying to should sort these phrases letter-by-letter, solely to then have auto-correct change it to one thing else fully.
To unravel this, it is advisable train Gboard to acknowledge these phrases. You are able to do this by adding words to your personal dictionary. Here is the way it works:
- Go to Settings > Dictionary > Private dictionary and choose your most popular language.
- On the prime nook, faucet on the Add (+) button.
- On the next display, sort the phrase you wish to add.
- For added comfort, you can too add a shortcut to your added phrases in the event that they’re lengthy or exhausting to glide-type. For example, the identify “Hillary Meadows” can have “hime” because the shortcut. Now, once you glide-type the shortcut in your keyboard, it’s going to routinely write the complete phrase for you.
6. Improve Your Clipboard
Below the Clipboard menu, activate the next two settings:
- Present just lately copied textual content and pictures in strategies bar: While you copy a passage of textual content or a picture, Gboard will present it to you as a pill-shaped button within the strategies bar the following time you open the keyboard, so you may faucet it and shortly paste the copied merchandise into the textual content subject. This helps save time by not having to long-press the textual content subject and choose Paste each time.
- Save current screenshots in clipboard: While you take a screenshot in your gadget, Gboard will put it aside within the clipboard and present you a button to stick it straight into the textual content subject.
It’s also possible to set Gboard to cover addresses and cellphone numbers from the clipboard. Merely toggle off the characteristic from the identical menu.
The contents of your clipboard are auto-deleted after one hour. To avoid wasting an merchandise, long-press it and faucet Pin.
7. Get Emoji and Sticker Recommendations
Lastly, you may get strategies for emojis and stickers, or entry extra shortly those you employ most. Below the Emojis, Stickers & GIFs menu, toggle on the next settings:
- Emoji fast-access row: Provides an additional row on prime of the keyboard, displaying widespread and most frequently used emojis.
- Predictive content material search: Gboard will counsel related GIFs, emojis, and stickers based mostly in your textual content.
- Emoji Stickers: Suggests related stickers based mostly on the emojis you choose.
Make Gboard Assist You Talk Higher
Gboard works nice from day one and its default settings are very user-friendly. However if you wish to get essentially the most use out of it, turning on the above settings may also help you save time, specific your self higher, and barely improve your productiveness. There are different settings as properly that you just would possibly wish to mess around with and see how properly they be just right for you.
Gboard is only one of many widespread Google apps put in in your cellphone. Among the many others, there are some very useful widgets which can be value placing on your property display.
6 Really Useful Google Widgets to Add to Your Android Home Screen
About The Creator