Android comes with lots of options, however not all of them are enabled out of the field. With the ever-growing characteristic set, it is simple to overlook these deeply buried Android settings that may improve your expertise.
Whether or not you wish to fine-tune your privateness and safety or enhance efficiency, listed below are some adjustments you need to make within the Android settings menu.
Some settings is perhaps positioned at completely different paths and a few menus is perhaps named in a different way relying in your telephone’s producer. A straightforward approach to discover the suitable setting on any Android machine is by utilizing the Search choice within the settings.
1. Conceal Notifications From the Lock Display screen
As you realize, you’ll be able to work together with the notifications from completely different apps straight from the lock display. Whereas that is handy, it additionally signifies that anyone can undergo your notifications—even when your telephone is locked. Fortuitously, there’s an choice to cover notification content material on the lock display.
First, you’ll want to safe your Android telephone with a password, sample, or a PIN. When you do, this is learn how to cover notification content material.
- Open Settings > Notifications (or Notifications middle).
- Select the Lock display beneath Notification model.
- Faucet on Notifications to point out and select Present notifications however cover content material. This setting will apply to all of your apps.
- To show off lock display notifications for particular person apps, use the Toggle Off button.
Now, your notifications will present simply the app identify as an alternative of displaying the precise message. You will have to unlock your machine to view the message.
2. Cease Seeing Customized Adverts
There are a surprising variety of issues that Google is aware of about you. Its big monitoring system is the rationale why you see such exactly tailor-made adverts. For example, in the event you search in your desktop about noise-canceling earphones, you would possibly shortly begin seeing adverts for them across the internet.
Should you’re paranoid about your privateness, there’s a straightforward approach to take a bit extra management of it.
- Open Settings.
- Navigate to Google > Adverts.
- Faucet on Delete promoting ID and press Delete Promoting ID on the following web page.
Notice that when you’ll nonetheless see adverts in ad-supported Android apps, they will not be primarily based in your pursuits.
3. Configure the Display screen Timeout and Locking Habits
By default, your Android telephone’s display turns off robotically after a set interval of inactivity to assist extend your battery life. However the lock display solely kicks in just a few seconds later. Mischievous folks can probably entry your unlocked machine in the event you depart it unattended throughout this era.
It is really useful to decrease your display timeout. To take action, head over to Settings > Show & brightness > Display screen timeout. Choose the bottom acceptable variety of seconds after which your display would flip off.
As soon as you’ve got lowered the display timeout, it is time to pressure the lock display to kick in as quickly because the display is turned off.
- To take action, navigate to Settings > Safety and choose the cog icon subsequent to Display screen lock.
- Go to Lock after display timeout and select Instantly.
- On the identical web page, allow Energy button immediately locks.
4. Change Your Telephone’s DNS Server
DNS, or Area Title System, is required to connect to different websites on the web. It is just like the web’s phonebook. Tweaking the DNS can increase your internet speed and your general searching expertise. Right here is how one can change the DNS in Android settings:
- Navigate to Settings > Extra connections.
- Right here you will see an choice to enter a Personal DNS. Faucet on it.
- Enter the DNS hostname beneath the Personal DNS supplier hostname.
Two widespread DNS servers are Google DNS and Cloudflare DNS. Listed below are the hostnames for these DNS servers:
- Google DNS: dns.google
- Cloudflare: one.one.one.one
5. Allow a Persistent Quantity Row in Gboard
In case your job includes coping with numbers, it may be cumbersome to toggle your keyboard between the quantity and the alphabet mode.
Should you use Gboard, which we guess most of you do, you’ll be able to allow a persistent quantity row on the high of your keyboard. It is an effective way to make the most of the rising display actual property on cell gadgets.
- Open Gboard and faucet the cog icon to enter Gboard keyboard settings.
- Faucet Preferences.
- Allow Quantity row.
You must see a persistent quantity row on the high of your keyboard. This will help you considerably increase your typing speed.
6. Allow Night time Gentle or Eye Care
Utilizing your smartphone for prolonged intervals of time can take its toll in your eyesight and sleep. This may be as a result of brightness and colour tones of your display. So, one of the best ways to guard your eyes and sleep sample is to allow the Night time Gentle choice in Android settings.
- Navigate to Settings > Show & brightness.
- Choose Night time Gentle, which can even be known as one thing like Eye Care.
- You’ll be able to both flip it on instantly or schedule it to robotically be enabled from sundown to dawn.
This selection tints your display amber making it higher fitted to viewing and studying, and reduces glare in decrease gentle circumstances. It would most likely additionally aid you go to sleep.
7. Disable and Conceal Undesirable Apps on Your Telephone
Android telephones by numerous producers come preinstalled with lots of apps that you simply won’t even want. A few of these apps may additionally push annoying notifications once in a while. So, let’s take a look at how one can take care of all this bloatware from inside the settings:
- Navigate to Settings > Apps.
- Go to See All Apps to open the checklist of put in apps.
- Faucet on the app that you don’t need, to open its app settings.
- Should you simply need to disable its notifications, faucet on Notifications and Toggle it off.
- You can too disable the app altogether by tapping on Power cease after which Disable on the backside of the display.
It’s essential watch out whereas disabling an app fully as a result of disabling a system app can break your telephone. Make certain what you disable is one thing that’s not associated to the system’s performance.
8. Tweak the Developer Choices
Aside from the common settings, the Android developer choices characteristic some superior settings you’ll be able to tinker round with. The Developer choices is perhaps meant for builders, but it surely’s a goldmine of settings that even informal customers can make the most of.
For example, you’ll be able to tweak the animation speeds to make your telephone really feel snappier, set a mock location and faux your GPS location, or enable USB debugging to ship instructions out of your pc to your Android machine.
We have extensively lined among the Android developer options that you should change, so do test it out.
Make the Most of Your Android Telephone
Tweaking these settings will aid you get probably the most out of your Android machine, with out dramatically altering the way in which you utilize your favourite working system. Whether or not you are trying to defend your privateness or improve your on a regular basis Android expertise, just a few tweaks are all you want.
Need to check out new methods of utilizing your telephone? Try these apps that may change the way in which you utilize your Android machine.