Shield your iWork paperwork with a password utilizing this nifty trick in your iPhone or iPad.
You possibly can view, edit, and create paperwork free of charge in Apple’s Pages, Numbers, and Keynote apps. Apart from that, if in case you have an vital, confidential file, you’ll be able to simply password defend it in these apps to forestall unsolicited entry.
This transient tutorial reveals you how you can use your iPhone or iPad so as to add a password to paperwork, spreadsheets, and displays inside Apple’s iWork suite of workplace purposes.
Easy methods to Set a Password for Paperwork in Pages, Numbers, and Keynote
Comply with these steps in your iOS or iPadOS system:
- Launch Pages, Numbers, or Keynote and open an present doc or create a brand new one by tapping the plus (+) button.
- With the doc, spreadsheet, or presentation open in full display screen, faucet the extra icon (three dots inside a circle).
- Faucet Set Password.
- Enter the specified password you need to set. Repeat it within the Confirm area.
- You need to additionally enter an appropriate Trace to make sure you can work out the password in case it slips your thoughts.
- For ease, go away Open with Face ID or Open with Contact ID enabled.
- Lastly, faucet Accomplished.
You could have now efficiently password-protected a doc. As soon as the file has password safety, you’ll see a padlock icon on its thumbnail, signifying it’s locked. It’s possible you’ll need to save the password to your iPhone for safekeeping.
Easy methods to Open a Password-Protected File
To open a password-protected doc, spreadsheet, or presentation in Pages, Numbers, or Keynote, merely faucet the file and authenticate your identification through Face ID or Contact ID. In case you hadn’t enabled biometric authentication, kind the doc’s password to get inside.
If Face ID or Contact ID fails repeatedly, you’ll see the field seem to enter the password manually.
Easy methods to Change the Password
You possibly can simply change the password in your doc or cease utilizing Face ID or Contact ID to open the doc. To do that, open the password-protected doc, and faucet the extra icon, then hit Change Password. You may as well select to take away the password from right here.
Shield Your Paperwork, Spreadsheets, and Shows
That is how one can add a safe password to your file in Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. Even if you happen to ship this password-protected file to a special system, it should nonetheless ask you to enter the password. So be sure you share that password with anybody else who wants entry.
How to Password Protect Pages, Keynote or Numbers Documents on Your Mac
About The Creator