It may be fairly jarring to see simply how a lot location info we’re fortunately sharing with Google. Google’s Timeline function makes it simple to see all this info at a look. Utilizing Timeline, you possibly can neatly see your Google Maps location historical past, with further knowledge like the way you went to a spot and the way a lot time you spent there.
Fortunately, Google Maps additionally lets you flip off location-saving options, delete your location historical past, and even obtain a replica of all of your Maps knowledge. We’ll present you the way.
Find out how to See Your Saved Location Knowledge in Google Maps
Because of Google’s Timeline function, you possibly can see where you’ve been in Maps. You possibly can entry Google Maps Timeline throughout varied platforms, together with the devoted apps for Android and iOS, and instantly in your browser. We’ll present you easy methods to examine your location historical past in Google Maps on cell and the online.
Find out how to See Your Google Map Location Historical past on the Net
To see all of your saved Google journeys on a map imported out of your cellphone, entry the Timeline by going to maps.google.com whereas logged in, click on the Menu button (the three horizontal strains) and choose Your Timeline. Alternatively, you possibly can entry your timeline instantly by going to timeline.google.com/maps.
Google Maps will present you the variety of locations you have been to previously. The most recent journey shall be proven adjoining to the full variety of journeys, and you’ll view extra by choosing Extra Journeys. Drill right down to see the variety of journeys in a selected day or interval by utilizing the date filter on the high.
Deciding on your whole variety of journeys will reveal all of the locations you have been to, plus the preferred places. Every location contains particulars on once you final visited that place as properly. Clicking on a date on the high will present your saved journeys and places for that day.
If you click on on particular journeys, you will see much more info, together with the mode of transportation and the gap and length of the journey. Maps will even present you extra particulars like your arrival and departure time, and the quantity of distance coated the complete day.
Find out how to See Your Google Map Location Historical past on Cell
On Android and iOS, we’ll use the Google Maps app. Observe these steps to view your location historical past:
- Open Google Maps and faucet your profile icon or image within the high proper.
- Subsequent, faucet Your Timeline and provides it a number of seconds to load.
- When you’re on the subsequent web page, you possibly can view your journeys, locations, cities, and international locations by going to the devoted tabs.
Google Maps robotically provides locations to your account by monitoring your whereabouts so long as your location historical past is enabled.
Find out how to Delete Your Location Historical past in Google Maps
In the event you’re frightened concerning the quantity of information Google has about you, there is a option to delete location knowledge inside Google Maps. It is nevertheless essential that you simply obtain a replica of all of your location knowledge earlier than doing so. You possibly can obtain all of your knowledge saved to Google Maps by doing the next:
- Open Google Maps and faucet your profile image or icon within the high proper.
- Faucet Your knowledge in Maps.
- Scroll down and choose Obtain your Maps knowledge. This may open Google Takeout in your browser of selection.
- Choose the information you wish to obtain and faucet Subsequent step.
- Then, choose the way in which you want to obtain a replica of your knowledge. You possibly can regulate your frequency of export, file kind, and dimension first, or just faucet Create export if you happen to’re okay with the default settings.
The export course of can take a couple of minutes, hours, and even days to finish. When carried out, Google will electronic mail you. Faucet Obtain your information within the electronic mail to avoid wasting offline. Bear in mind, the information shall be out there to obtain for seven days from the day of export.
With that out of the way in which, turning off your location historical past is an easy one or two-step course of:
- Go to your Google Activity Controls.
- Beneath Location Historical past, toggle the function off.
- Within the window that pops up, scroll down and click on the Pause button.
Wipe Your Location Knowledge
If you wish to wipe the situation info saved in Google Maps, do the next.
Within the Google Maps app on Android or iOS:
- Open Google Maps, and faucet your profile image or icon within the high proper.
- Choose Your Timeline and choose any tab other than Day.
- Then, faucet the three-dot menu within the high proper and choose Settings and privateness.
- Scroll right down to Location settings and choose Delete all Location Historical past.
- Tick the checkbox within the pop-up window and faucet Delete.
Google Maps additionally affords two different choices for deleting location historical past on cell (Delete Location Historical past for a spread of days and Routinely delete the historical past after a given interval), choose them in the event that they fit your wants.
You may also delete your location historical past on the internet:
- Go to timeline.google.com/maps.
- Click on the Settings icon on the backside of the map and choose Delete all Location Historical past.
- Hit the affirmation checkbox then choose Delete Location Historical past.
In the event you do not wish to wipe all of your location historical past, you possibly can delete particular person journeys or days. Choose a day you want to delete from the date picker within the high left then click on the trash icon. Deleting your historical past shouldn’t be sufficient if you happen to’re privacy-conscious although. There are different ways to protect your privacy in Google Maps.
Additionally, if you happen to’re uncomfortable with how a lot info you are sharing with Google, there are many alternatives to Google Maps worth considering.
Test Your Google Location Historical past and Wipe It Out
Google Maps tracks your location each day. The great factor is that the app helps you to view your location knowledge. For privateness, Google Maps additionally lets you delete your location historical past by following the steps highlighted above. You may also forestall the app from saving your places within the first place by disabling the Location Historical past function.